, , , , , , , , , ,

My Favourite Makeup Products Of 2011

21:45

Favourite Makeup Products Of 2011..





Happy New Year Beauts!

Since we've now ended 2011 and welcomed 2012, I thought I'd show you some of last years makeup favourites. They are makeup products which I've reached for the most. A lot of them I often repurchased and some were new additions to my collection last year which I may have previously blogged about. There are more products which I reached for often as well but these are the products which stuck in my mind so obviously made a good impression.

In no particular order, here are my 2011 makeup faves!



Sigma Small Contour Brush F05
I haven't owned this brush for a long time but it quickly became one of my top brushes that I use for contouring and applying blush.

Sigma Buffer Brush F45
I also own the MAC Buffer Brush 182 but I kind of ruined it so I looked for a cheap alternative and came across this one. It is exactly the same as the MAC 182 and works just as well!
I use it to apply my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder.

Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush F80
This is by far my most favourite brush. It blends in my foundation effortlessly and seamlessly. It gives me that flawless look that I love. I would recommend it to anyone!


MAC Fix+
I use this daily before my foundation application and I really do believe it helps make my makeup last longer. I also use it if I feel I've applied too much powder so it helps make my makeup look more natural. I've just recently run out but I'm going to pick up a new bottle very soon!

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
I love this primer! I got it as a Christmas present from my sister in 2010 and since then I cannot go without using it. It makes my skin very smooth and prepares it for my foundation application. There are small light-reflecting particles in it which create a glowing effect. 
Click here for my review on this product.

Face Atelier Ultra and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear is by far my most favourite foundation. It does everything I need it to apart from provide a good colour match for me so I mix it with Face Atelier Ultra to create a better match and perfect finish. 
Click here for my review on Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and here for a FOTD of me wearing the mix. 


YSL Rouge Volupte #3 Ultimate Beige and NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss Miami Babe
I believe this is my most worn lip combo of the year. They are like a mauve shade and complement my skin tone very well. Great for everyday wear!



MAC Mineralize Skin Finish
I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this product. It is my favourite powder from MAC. I use it 90% of the time that I wear makeup and I can't see myself putting it away anytime soon!



L'Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss
I really can't remember the last time I've used an eyeliner besides this one. It is quite black in my opinion with a slight gloss finish and lasts all day!

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara/Original
I love this mascara! I usually either buy it in 'Carbon Black' or 'Original' depending on what superdrug has in stock. It lengthens and thickens my lashes like no other mascara has.

MAC Eye Brows
I cannot go without these! I usually use it in the shade 'Stud' but recently I've been purchasing 'Spiked' ever since they ran out of 'Stud'. They are great because it gives a natural look to your filled in brows and don't make your eyebrows look too drawn on.


Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder
Words cannot describe how good this product is. It sets my makeup and makes it last the whole day with no touch ups.
Click here for a review.
ChapStick Moisturiser and MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner - Soothing Beige
These are both very good moisturisers to apply to your lips during the day and even at night before bed. They heal and prevent dry/cracked lips!

MAC Prolongwear Concealer
This is my favourite concealer to use for my under eye area. It doesn't cake or crease under the eye. You have to work very quickly with it though as it is fast-drying!

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
I really like using this concealer to perfect my brows as it is very easy to blend unlike other concealers that I've tried.



NARS Gilda Blush
I AM SORRY, I ACCIDENTALLY TOOK A PICTURE OF NARS GINA!
I have quite a few blushes but last year, I found myself reaching for this one so many times. NARS blushes are very pigmented and last a long time. It is a very nice coral colour that also complements dark skin tones!

Sleek Contour Kit - Medium
Those who follow my blog will know that I haven't owned this contour kit for a long time but for the little time that I have had it, I've used the contour powder everyday. It is a great product for its price as it also comes with a highlighter (which I hardly ever use).


MAC Iridescent Loose Powder Golden Bronze
I believe this is a multi-purpose product but I specifically use it as a highlighter which I believe it's great for. I used it so much during summer 2011 because it gives me that nice glow which is not overpowering. It has fine particles so you won't look like a glittery hot mess!
Click here for a review.

Were any of these your favourites for 2011?



Twitter  Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

16 comments

Popular Posts